The EU Agency for the Cooperation of Energy Regulators (ACER) has published today its Final Assessment of the EU Wholesale Electricity Market Design.
What's in the report?
This ACER Final Report presents an in-depth analysis of:
• energy price levels and drivers
• current wholesale electricity market design
• ways to future-proof the wholesale electricity market
• extreme price shocks and considerations on temporary, targeted measures
• the impact on retail markets and how to protect consumers.
Overall, ACER finds that whilst the current electricity market design is worth keeping, some improvements will prove key for it to deliver on important challenges.
ACER concludes with a set of 13 measures for policy makers' consideration.
ACER will present its Final Assessment at a public webinar on the 5th May.
Read more on the key findings and access the Report.