The National Energy Regulatory Council (NERC) is submitting for public consultation the draft Procedure Description for the organization of tenders for the use of the marine area for the development and operation of power plants using renewable energy sources and the issuance of permits for the use of parts of the marine area for the development and operation of power plants using renewable energy sources (hereinafter - the Tender Procedure Description). Comments and suggestions are welcome until 23 March 2023.
NERC is planning a remote public hearing on 21 March 2023. Further information for market participants will be published on the www.vert.lt website. For a login link, please contact [email protected].
Substantive changes since the first public consultation:
1. A definition is provided for the qualified signature and the electronic auction for the submission of bids for the power plant development charge (hereinafter - Electronic Auction).
2. The requirement for legalisation of documents drawn up and/or issued in foreign countries in accordance with the Apostille Procedure Schedule has been removed. However, in order to ensure that the documents are not falsified and that the information provided is correct, Tenderers will be required to certify that the digital copies of the documents submitted for the Tenders correspond to the originals, and that all the documents, data and information submitted for the Tender are correct, up-to-date and comply with the requirements laid down by the legislation concerning the person's participation in the Tender.
3. To ensure that inadvertent failure to provide passwords for unlocking encrypted files within the specified deadline, or inaccurate provision of such passwords, does not result in the exclusion of the Tenderers from the list of entrants, the opportunity is provided for the Tenderers to clarify or provide them twice if they have not provided them within the specified deadline, at the verbal request of the Chairperson of the Committee, or to the Secretary of the Tender upon request by SMS to Tenderers.
4. An Electronic Auction will be held for bids for the development and operation of renewable energy power plants in the marine area for the purpose of payment of the development charge. The electronic auction will be conducted through the electronic auction management subsystem of the Bailiffs' Information System managed by the State Enterprise Centre of Registers, where auctions are conducted by means of information technology on the website www.evarzytynes.lt. The NERC, in cooperation with the State Enterprise Centre of Registers, will present and explain in detail to interested persons the procedures for accessing the dedicated website and registering for and conducting the electronic auction.
5. The procedure for submitting proposals for the Power Plant Development Charge in the Committee meeting has been clarified. The submission of proposals for the development charge would only be carried out in this way if the Electronic Auction could not be conducted.
The draft is published in the Draft Legal Acts Information System of the Seimas of the Republic of Lithuania (TAIS) and on the NERC website www.vert.lt.
• Comments and suggestions should be submitted by e-mail to [email protected] or via the Draft Legislative Acts Information System of the Seimas of the Republic of Lithuania, or in case of unavailability - by post to Verkių g. 25C-1, Vilnius, LT-08223 or by fax to (8 5) 213 5270.
• Comments and suggestions submitted are published under the heading "Public Consultations".