On the 16th of January National energy regulatory council (NERC) announced the winner of the auction for the allocation of quotas for the promotion of electricity from renewable sources –
UAB WINDFARM AKMENĖ ONE.
WINDFARM AKMENĖ ONE UAB, recognized as the winner of the auction, offered
0 Eur / MWh price premium to the market price and a
maximum annual amount of electricity production - this participant will receive the entire 0.3 TWh incentive quota.
According to the Law on Renewable Energy, the operator must accept, transmit and / or distribute on a priority basis the total amount of electricity offered by the winner of the auction for 12 years from the start of electricity generation.
Offers from participants
A total of 7 bidders participated in the auction. Three bidders offered a price premium of 0 EUR / MWh to the market price, while others offered 0.56 EUR / MWh, 1.81 EUR / MWh, 1.91 EUR / MWh and 3.86 EUR / MWh (maximum possible price premium - 3.86 Eur / MWh).
Participants who offered the lowest price premium (0 Eur / MWh) to the market price submitted the revised bids. Taking into account that the offered lowest price premium was the same by all participants, the participant who offered the highest annual amount of electricity production was announced as the winner of the auction.
The auction for the allocation of the promotion quota for 0.3 TWh of renewable electricity was launched on 2th of September, 2019. The Auction was conducted in accordance with the Regulation of Auction of Incentive Quota of Electricity Production of Renewable Sources approved by the NERC.
• 2019 September 2 - announcement of the Auction.
• 2019 November 11 – 2019 November 25 – acceptance of documents.
• 2019 November 26 – first meeting of the Auction committee.
• 2019 December 3 – December 12 – meetings of the Auction committee.
• 2019 December 18 – approval of the list of participants at the NERC meeting.
• 2019 December 20 – Stage I Committee of the Auction.
• 2019 December 24 – 2019 December 30 – submission of envelopes with revised tenders.
• 2020 January 7 – Meeting of the Auction stage II committee.
• 2020 January 16 – confirmation and announcement of the winner of the Auction.
More information is avialable in